Mountain Alpacas Code of Ethics
can be confident doing business with us, whether you are sending a female for breeding to one of our herd sires, buying a
fiber alpaca, a companion alpaca or a pregnant proven breeder.
To this end, we pledge:
- TO HAPPILY AND WILLINGLY SHARE our knowledge and experiences with interested visitors
and customers while endeavoring to answer any questions we can or to refer to another resource when we can't, educating
the public about alpacas by giving our custom-compiled:
- ALPACA ESSENTIALS * to interested farm visitors, and
- ALPACA HERD HUSBANDRY ESSENTIALS * to customers.
- TO PROMOTE THE ALPACA INDUSTRY in a positive and realistic way.
- TO AVOID DOING ANYTHING DETRIMENTAL to the alpaca industry as a whole or to any individual
breeder or alpaca owner.
- TO COMPLETE A SALE ONLY
IF WE FEEL CONFIDENT that the new owner has the knowledge and facilities to give adequate care, companionship and nutrition.
- TO OFFER BUYERS FULL DISCLOSURE of our extensive medical, genetic
and husbandry notes before contract signing.
In other words, everyone visiting our farm, prospective customers and casual visitors alike WILL BE TREATED AS WE WOULD
WANT TO BE TREATED.
We pledge to give our alpacas THE BEST CARE AND NUTRITION we know how
to give for their long-term health.
Farm visits are free.
However, to show our support for the industry, visitors will receive
information on how to donate to our
regional veterinary teaching hospital or to the Alpaca Research Foundation.
* Alpaca Essentials: A Basic Guide to
the Needs, Habits and Attitudes of Alpacas
Herd Husbandry Essentials is a guide to the day to day operations of your alpaca farm; includes the basic "Essentials"
with additional helpful tips usually overlooked between elementary and advanced resources.